40+ Years of Experience as a Cancer Expert
Dr Nick Plowman’s experience includes:
- 1974 Guy’s Hospital (Mr. N. Glover): House Surgeon.
- 1975 Addenbrooke’s Hospital (Professor F. Hayhoe/I. Mills): House Physician.
- 1975 Northwick Park Hospital (Dr. R. Watts): SHO Medicine.
- 1976 Hammersmith Hospital (Professor K. Peters): SHO Medicine.
- 1976 Brompton Hospital (Dr. K. Citron): SHO Medicine.
- 1977 M.R.C. Research Fellow and Honorary Registrar to the Cambridge University Department of
- Oncology Radiotherapeutics, Cambridge (Professor N. Bleehen).
- 1979-1982 Senior Registrar, St. Bartholomew’s Hospital (Professor A. Jones) and Honorary Senior Registrar, The Hospital for Sick Children, Great Ormond Street in Radiotherapy and Oncology.
- 1982 – Consultant, Department of Radiotherapy, St. Bartholomew’s Hospital Consultant, Department of Haematology and Oncology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Great Ormond Street, London
Hon. Consultant Clinical Oncologist to Moorfield’s Eye Hospital, London.
- 1986 Honorary Senior Lecturer, Institute of Child Health, London (and thereby UCLH from 1995).
- 1989-1994 Head of Radiotherapy/Clinical Oncology Department, St. Bartholomew’s Hospital.
- 1994 Honorary Senior Lecturer, Medical College of St. Bartholomew’s Hospital.
- 1994-1997 Head of Joint Department of Radiotherapy/Clinical Oncology, The Royal Hospitals NHS Trust (syn. St. Bartholomew’s and The Royal London Hospital).
- 1994 Honorary Consultant Radiotherapist to St. Mark’s Hospital for Diseases of Colon and Rectum.
- 2000 Head of Radiotherapy/Clinical Oncology, St Bartholomew’s Hospital and the Royal London Hospital.